How to how to do a crochet magic loop crochet videos guide
This stitch technique is also known as the Drawstring Ring and is popular when working amigurumi.
How to guide:
- Step 1 – To start don’t make a slipknot. Instead, make a loop with the yarn, leaving a tail around 10cm long. Make sure the tail end is on the bottom.
- Step 2 – Then insert your hook into the loop, from front to back before wrapping the working yarn around the hook anti-clockwise and pull the yarn through
- Step 3 – Next make a turning chain, the correct length for the stitches you want to work. In the example above, we’ve worked double crochet stitches, so we’ve made one chain for the turning chain.
- Step 4 – Now work your stitches in making sure all the stitches are worked over both the loop itself and the tail end.
- Step 5 – Once you’ve worked the number of stitches you need you can pull the tail end of the yarn to draw up the ring
- Step 6 – Close round with a slip stitch as usual.
Some good videos on how to do this stitch below
We hope you find our how to do a crochet magic loop crochet guide useful